Yes: each 3D scan includes a source Ztool file, that works with all versions of Zbrush. It includes several subdivision levels and has clean UVs, and utilizes the same texture maps as the other models. The Ztool can be used to generate other mesh variations not covered by the default downloads. For example, the High.obj/fbx file is capped at around 1 million polygons. The Ztool is generally much higher than this and approximates the original scan data. It could also be used as a basis for sculpting extra custom models if required.
Articles in this section
- How to fix displacement banding in Octane?
- Which ports and addresses needs to be whitelisted?
- Can I use Free Assets commercially?
- I have scans that have problems, what do I do?
- How do I use the atlases available on Megascans.se?
- Ecosystem philosophy
- Are all surface scans tileable?
- Are there scanned brushes?
- Are there high-poly source meshes?
- Can I download the scan metadata?