An ecosystem is essentially a large collection of elements which all work together to form the cohesive whole. To create a new environment set, we capture many elements from the same location, so that when the environment is re-created, all the pieces work together seamlessly, saving production time. Assets are captured in various sizes and ecosystem niches to capture the full natural range of an area. Unique variations are captured to recreate the natural variety of shapes and textures. Having a predetermined pallet to draw from when creating a scene also simplifies art direction and gives artists a solid base to build upon.
Articles in this section
- How to fix displacement banding in Octane?
- Which ports and addresses needs to be whitelisted?
- Can I use Free Assets commercially?
- I have scans that have problems, what do I do?
- How do I use the atlases available on Megascans.se?
- Ecosystem philosophy
- Are all surface scans tileable?
- Are there scanned brushes?
- Are there high-poly source meshes?
- Can I download the scan metadata?